Bukkit currently has an open IRC channel that can be found at irc.esper.net in the #bukkit channel, in the development channel #bukkitdev, in the help channel #bukkithelp, and in the wiki collaboration channel #bukkitwiki.
You can connect to this using your preferred IRC Client (find one here), alternatively you can use Esper Webchat an online free-to-use IRC Client.
If you don't want to get banned, please read the rules
|1. ALWAYS READ THE TOPIC
- It's the first thing you see when you connect to or join the channel and it is usually at the top of the screen at all times. Read it when you connect, when you join, when you come back from being away. Always.
2. This is not designed as a support channel!
- Remember, #bukkit is not designed to be a support channel - people just help out when they can.
- That being said, you're likely to get help faster if you follow our Support Guidelines
3. Ignorance isn't a valid defense.
4. No excessive usage of profanity
- While we have no objection to sharing your opinions and debating a topic - in fact, we encourage it - with other members of this community, we do not tolerate any excessive profanity whatsoever.
5. No racism,sexism, discrimination, threats, harassment or personal attacks of any kind are permitted.
- Discrimination will never be tolerated. Personal Attacks will not be tolerated. Be polite.
- Having a different opinion is not an attack.
6. No spamming or advertising is permitted, whatsoever.
- Spam is posting any content that is not within the topic of discussion, or does not contribute anything to the channel - off topic OR on topic. The definition of spam used by this community is determined by the channel staff and is not open to discussion.
- Unsolicited advertising of goods or services is not allowed. This does not include plugins, unless you are badgering people to use your plugin
- Frequent repetition of the same topic/question is spam. Be patient.
|7. No flaming, inciting hatred or instigating flame bait is permitted.
- This is a friendly community and as such you are expected to be courteous and follow general chatting etiquette.
- In general, any parties involved in a flame-fest - whether they be the instigator or the flamer, will be dealt with accordingly. The best way to stay out of trouble, with regards to flame-fests, is to not join in.
8. Do not ask for a position on staff.
- For those of you interested in being a part of the Bukkit Community staff, here's some advice:
- Show some initiative and your work will be noticed, along with your attitude and your passion for the community and the chances of us picking you up to help out will be higher. This should really have gone without saying.
- Asking for a position often means you will not get it.
9. Pastebin logs, code snippets, anything longer than 3 lines!
- Do NOT use Mibpaste, it's an eye-sore. Please use http://pastie.org, http://pastebin.com, http://slexy.org or http://gist.github.com instead.
10. This is an English only channel
- Please try and speak English only in our channel as our staff do not understand any other languages, making it difficult to moderate the channel effectively. Please also refrain from bastardising the English language through the use of "txt speak" as it is very annoying and has no place on IRC.
11. Unauthorized IRC bots are not allowed in Bukkit Channels under any circumstances.
12. Constructive criticism
- IRC is a more informal method of communication than the forums. When at all possible, questions concerning the forums should be made on the forums. This allows other users not present in IRC to see what was discussed and what the outcome was.
- The staff tries to read and respond to any feedback that is constructive and objective. This does not mean they will change rules/decisions based on the feedback. If a staff member tells you that the decision is made/final continuing to badger them about the reasons is spam.
13. Do what staff tells you
- While the rules will cover most instances, there will be times where something is not specifically covered by the rules. At this time a staff member may tell you to stop discussing something or to stop a specific action. Failure to do so may result in the loss of access to IRC.
13. Only official Craftbukkit is supported.
- If you are running software that you never could get from bukkit.org then we would ask you to find support on the location where you got your software.
While we try to guarantee that every member is given three chances, we reserve the right to make any decision we believe is necessary to address the situation at hand up to and including, but not limited to, banning someone without warning. Please be warned that if you are banned from one Bukkit channel, you will be banned from ALL of the Bukkit channels.
The above stated are not absolute. Staff reserves the right to adjust or amend the rules as needed to ensure a friendly community. These are guidelines, and for the most part if you abide by them and are polite and respectful towards other IRC users you will be fine.
You may appeal any decision by sending a private message. If you cannot reach anyone on IRC try a private message on the forums.
The views, opinions, or anything thereof discussed on this site, forums and chat are by no means the views, opinions, or anything thereof supported by the Bukkit Community Staff, Curse or the Bukkit Team. While we will try our best to moderate the channel, we may not be held responsible for any content that is posted. The Bukkit Community Staff reserves the right to modify these and any other guidelines found throughout the site and forums at any time and without notification and an Administrator and channel staff's word is final.