A Development Build is provided AS IS and COMPLETELY UNSUPPORTED. You should only be running these builds if you are completely aware of how to properly make use of them. Support requests of ANY KIND will be removed without warning for the reasons outlined below. If you have to ask where or how to get the Development Build, you should NOT be running it and posts of that nature on the forums will be deleted.
Important things to keep in mind about Development Builds:
- Development Builds have NOT been tested in any way, shape or form
- Development Builds are completely unsupported
- Development Builds are likely to be unstable
- Development Builds will most likely have temporary API/changes to make it runnable
- Development Builds should not be run on a production server
- Development Builds may permanently corrupt your world
- Development Builds should not be run without taking proper precautions, like having backups
- You will not get any support when running a Development Build
DO NOT use these builds on a server that is even remotely important. You have been warned.
Development Builds are generally provided to allow experienced server administrators to help us test our latest changes towards a promoted Recommended or Beta build. If you're a plugin developer, they're generally provided to give you an idea of what changes are coming in the near future to the Bukkit API, with the possibly exception of the first few early Development Builds after a Minecraft update.
If you're going to run a Development Build, you should take the following precautions:
- Make sure you have frequent backups of your server
- Make sure you're prepared for a world potentially becoming permanently corrupted
- Make sure you keep on top of Development Builds
- Make sure you're familiar with the Troubleshooting Common Problems article.
- Make sure you're ready to run without plugins to troubleshoot
- Make sure you're ready to run each plugin one by one to troubleshoot
End User License Agreement
CraftBukkit and Bukkit Development Builds are provided as-is without any kind of warranty. The Bukkit team is NOT responsible for any adverse effects that result from running the provided development builds. By continuing to use our Development Builds, you agree to the following.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
If you do not mind running completely unsupported, untested and potentially unstable Development Build on your non-production (i.e. test) server and understand these risks, you'll already know where to download the development builds as they were mentioned earlier in this Wiki article. If you'd rather stay safe and run our releases that have been tested by the project and the community which you can be reasonably confident about being reliable, you should stick with our promoted releases instead.