This guide explains how to install most basic plugins on your server. You must already have a running CraftBukkit server set up and have knowledge of how to use the Minecraft server console. If you do not have a server set up please go to Setting up a server and follow the instructions there. This guide does not cover setting up an SQL database or editing properties files, please consult the forums to see if you need this. Always read the plugin instructions if there are any.
Installing Most Plugins
- Download a plugin of your choice.
- Place the .jar and any other files in your plugins directory.
- Run the server and wait for it to fully load.
- Type stop in your Minecraft server console to bring the server to a clean stop.
- Run the server.
- All done! Your plugin should be installed and ready to be used.
- Note: You can find plugins at BukkitDev
- Note: Make sure to download the right version for the plugin
- Note: The file you downloaded may be an archive (.zip, .rar, .7z) and will need to be extracted using an archive manager such as 7zip.
- Note: Your plugins directory will be a folder called "plugins" in the folder where you created your CraftBukkit server..
- Note: After you have started your server it may have generated a configuration file, check with the plugin's forum or wiki page for any properties you can configure.
- Note: Make sure to check your log and console for errors created from your newly installed plugin, this may indicate it requires additional setting up (MySQL, permissions) check with the forum post or the BukkitDev page to see if this is the case.
- Create a directory called "update" in your plugins directory.
- Download the plugin that you wish to update
- Place ONLY the .JAR file into the update directory.
- Restart your CraftBukkit server.
- All done! Your plugin should have been updated.
- Note: Ensure the name of the .jar in the update directory is the same as the name of the .jar in the plugins directory for the same plugin.
- Note: The reload command will also unload all the plugins, copy the files from the update directory into the plugins directory (replacing any files with the same name) then load all the plugins again.
- Note: This method is safer than replacing the file yourself while the server is running and will not disconnect all your players if it was to be done manually.
|Language||English • беларуская • Deutsch • español • suomi • français • italiano • 한국어 • Nederlands • norsk bokmål • polski • português • русский • lietuvių • čeština|